PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Europe's worst airport?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 09:22
EGLKFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Petersburg - the only place I've been to where you go through customs on exit (between having your ticket approved and checking in). It's also not exactly well-equipped for entertaining the passengers who are leaving unless they invite you to the lounge.

Paris CDG. Let's assume you're flying BA to LHR, so that's terminal 2B. On check-in, your boarding pass says "gate B" (helpful - you're clearly in the right terminal as they're all B around here...) Finally they give you a gate - let's say it's B30. The desks are all numbered much lower than that so you need to know that B30 & B31 are right beside desks marked 11 & 12. [Note: the 11 & 12 are huge white numbers on a grey background, the B30 & 31 are much smaller black on yellow]. When I left last Friday, the monitor said the flight was going to Sofia, but it was the presence of the BA staff that gave away the fact I was in the right place.

Now, despite their best efforts, you've found the gate. Unfortunately, you'll still be waiting a fortnight while you go through security and the queue for that will interfere with the exit queue through passport control.

Add to that the fact that they've told me that my shaver's batteries were a pair of scissors and a bottle of moisturising lotion (purchased in the terminal shop) was a security risk it's by far the worst place I have to go to.

Was it really designed to be that bad?