PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 08:02
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go around sounds a bit bitter and twisted... if ASI has done something to pee you off why not just ignore them.... companies who pee off pilots are many and we all play the game of musical chairs.
As for critcising the ASI pilots.... I do currently fly for them and have done for almost a year... I've come across very good, good , averagely good and suspect pilots during that time... ie.. about the same as I found flying pax routes during 10 yrs in the european airline environment...
as for the contract pilots... usually Naturelink.... I've met some really great guys... good pilots... ...unfortunately Naturelink maintenance policies are not all they might be and the pilots often seem scared of complaining about it.... the current situation in SA means they have limited alternatives....
Go Arounds arrogant assumption that only pilots who fail elsewhere would come to Africa is mindless..I had 10 yrs of flying the airline environment in Europe and hated it so much I was ready to quit flying.... missed slot times... going off to work when everyone else is starting to wind down.. a wrecked marriage...most will tell the same story but are stuck with it.... I personally rediscovered a love of flying after being offered a job flying world-wide survey.... with things going quiet after 9/11 I applied to Airserv and have had some great flying in Africa and met some good people... pilots out here are generally more interesting individuals than those type-cast for the airlines back home....... yes ASI do have problems and Poorwanderingwun seems to have covered them pretty well... but almost all companies have their problems....
Anyone interested in ASI can PM me...
ASI does need pilots... if you're in the 'pool' call them every day...
Good luck....
MungoP