PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM
Thread: BIRMINGHAM
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2005, 01:16
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How will BE's EMB195s compare economy wise with the 737-3?00s that 'baby are using?

I don't see why BHX management should be too fussed about FR. They never "put their charges up", they just didn't extend an incentive which they seem to offer to all airlines. Airports like BHX, MAN, EDI & GLA don't need Ryanair, so they can afford to be dismissive of MOL's outbursts.

I don't see why FR want to go there anyway. BHX has long term plans to extend the runway and then build another one, neither of which will help FR's goals.

FR don't seem to like MAN for similar reasons.

This argument that every regional airport should go after the lowest common denominator is nonsense, let BHX stick to what it does best (mixed use regional hub), and leave the lower end of the market to EMA. If FR are keeping those '200 classics for a bit longer, we have the perfect budget terminal for them here at CVT, and I'm sure the locals would just love to hear those engines roar

If FR are to expand more in the West Mids then the CoBa on a runway extension at CVT to handle a 737-800 must be much better than that of a wide spaced runway at BHX with all the cross-field taxiing it will entail. You can buy a lot of Ryanair flights for £2.5bn.