PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comed Aviation
Thread: Comed Aviation
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2005, 21:39
G-MANN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have looked at both schools at Barton however its coming upto winter and I thought Blackpool would be the better option with it having a hard runway. Obviously I would like to keep the days lost to weather down to an absolute minimum if I can help it.

Not only that but when schools advertise prices for ppl training the costs seem to be very vague. ie landing fees and vat not taken in to account. Comeds website states landing fee, fuel and vat are all included. I think all schools should state these prices so not to fool the customer into thinking they are cheaper.

As for the other places in Blackpool I have to say I haven't looked yet but Comed was recommended to me by a friend who flies out of Barton and Blackpool on a regular bases.

Plus Comed was quoting training on a C172 as opposed to C152/PA38 at Barton. The C172 is a pleasent aircraft to fly (G-BULH) I have flown the exact one so I suppose I am a bit biased!!!! This was about 7-8 months ago so I dont know what sort of state the planes are in now.

Cheers

G-MANN