PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 20th Sep 2005, 18:12
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only reason cabin crew sign up with the TGWU is that there is no-one else to represent them. Personally I think cabin crew have had a very raw deal for a long time, but generally speaking few of them stand up for themselves.

I'm not flybe head office, I am but a humble pilot. In my case, any fumes incident goes straight in the tech log (as it ALWAYS should). Do you ask your captain to do so before you run off to the TGWU?

As far as paranoia goes, I'm about the only one here who isn't paranoid.

You may think it is real, however nobody with expert knowledge seems to agree with you. Given the anal retentiveness of the safety nazis we see every day around British airports, don't you think action would have been taken by now if there was any credible evidence?

Show me any evidence that is not anecdotal and I will happily change my tune.

I still can't get over people like Sparticus who apparently suffer symptoms but don't report it. What is that about? He is either winding us up, or he is completely addled. If he really felt the way he says he does, he should at the very least report it to the CAA medical unit (as he is clearly impaired whilst flying), and put the incident in the book.

If you take no action, you can't complain. Unless of course you are just looking for a payout.