PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things you should know BEFORE joining Emirates (EK)
Old 20th Sep 2005, 13:03
Avius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a non-brit working for a british company (british managed) , I can not see much of a difference to other companies, I have worked for.

In our company, the in-famous stiffness is not present (at least not any extent, which would bother me). We do have a 1-5 grading system as well, but I haven't met a crew-member yet, who felt intimidated. It is merely used to identify weaknesses (which we all have in one way or another) and give the individual an idea in which area he/she should try to improve.

Having that said, most of the Trainers in our company are highly experienced training captains, who have seen a lot in their long careers and are quite relaxed about mistakes (because they too, make them sometimes).

I guess the real problem starts, when people with little experience but big ambitions get into training positions and other management posts.

That very well might be the case in EK. Eitherway, I was offered a job with them 8 years ago and did not take it (Family reasons)

Maybe if was a good thing after all.

Cheers