PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comed Aviation
Thread: Comed Aviation
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2005, 08:51
xz0npz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comed

Comed are VERY well known at Blackpool airport. They went bankrupt a couple of years ago but somehow managed to get back trading. Every now and then, the airport will only refuel their aircraft on payment of CASH. In many ways, they are very friendly and helpful, but in my opinion, not always very well organised, but their prices are very competitive. However, they are refurbishing their aircraft and they do look good. Instructors are pretty good too, but if you book a lesson, make sure that you check again on the day as they may well have forgotten and sent the aircraft elsewhere (as happened to me several times).

The main point is, do NOT, under any circumstances, pay any money up front. EVER.

There are three other fixed wing schools at Blackpool: ANT - long established with good aircraft and friendy; Blackpool Air Centre - if you can get on with the owner (and MANY can't) it is down to earth and practical; and Westair who have been there for nearly 70 years and are one of the most professional flying schools going - a point reflected in their prices.

There is also Pool aviation which is a good set up, but I'm not sure that they do "ab-initio" training, possibly only hhire and post-PPL training. However, they may be worth a call to check.

As a previous poster said, there are also schools at Barton which may be handy for you. I'm afraid I know little about them, but I have used all of the Blackpool fixed wing clubs/schools.

As the saying goes, you pays your money and you takes your choice!

One last point DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT, pay any money up-front to Comed unless you plan to spend it on the day.