PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chances of getting an Interview with Cathay
Old 20th Sep 2005, 06:00
FYI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Hankey,

Generally speaking, I would say that you are full of s###te. Not knowing you though, I guess I can't know for sure, but would guess that some personally held prejudices blind your ability to look at some "facts".

Perhaps you aren't aware that the freight side and the pax side are all on one CX seniority list (aside from the remaining ASL crew). The pilots who join via the DEFO scheme onto the freighter, join "CX" and have to go through the same hoops as those who go through the SO interview process joining onto the pax side of the operation. Once onto line training, they undergo the standard CX training, and if they aren't up to scratch, I guess CX let them go. It seems that alot of the guys/gals are up to it (do a search on the US based freighter crews list in Crew Direct) and then also make a mental note as to how many "Nth Americans" will be flying with you on the CX pax fleet in the next couple of years (if you let them). Or perhaps you weren't aware that after 3 years or so, the freighter pilots can slide over onto the pax fleet (all without having to do another interview on worldly or technical knowledge!!)....as Arryboy has already pointed out to you.

Arryboy, I guess you better let C.Control know roughly when you're scheduled to move over to the pax fleet (if you decide thats what you want) so that they can schedule you in for the "Attitude adjustment" session that Mr Hankey is running. I believe the afternoon session is also a "world knowledge" session, followed by some a sim work by Mr Hankey, displaying his unbelievable natural abilities....while simultaneously being able to answer any "technical" questions you may need answered before being allowed by Mr Hankey, to operate on the pax fleet.