PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chances of getting an Interview with Cathay
Old 20th Sep 2005, 05:58
great southern land

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Hankey. Not sure what to make of your comments. Hope it's a wind-up...but suspect it is not. Regardless, uncalled for and generally offensive. Let's see, Americans are stupid: 1. Moon landing (...hmm...almost 40years ago). 2. More Nobel prizes than any other nation. 3. The best Universities in the world. 4. Dominate the computer/software industry. 5. Worlds largest retailers. 6. Developed the Atom bomb in 24 months (I would argue the best invention of the 20th century, kept the general peace for going on 60 years now). 7. Build the best aircraft, both civil and military. 8. Have the most well developed 'sense' of responsiblity towards the world wellbeing (...i'm sure that will elicit some comment.. ). 9. Worlds strongest and best economy. ....well, you get the idea. You don't have to like the place or people, but how about not categorising them as 'loud' and 'ignorant' hicks....? Although I am quite happy being an 'ozmate'....I have to be objective and admit that I have a grudging admiration for the country and it's people. Besides, would rather have a few more of them than any more Canadians....!!! (kidding... )