PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2005, 01:36
Tokoloshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking at the big picture

Homing Pigeon; I like your circumspect and un-biased view of the whole issue. Your summary of this situation re. Airserv could be applicable to any of the other contract companies out there (past and present) flying in rather less than ideal conditions.
Sounds like you speak from actual experience unlike some of the other critics???

Bafanguy, it's a simple approach. Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see and you won't go wrong. If you are keen for whatever reason go and check it out. I'm assuming no-one is holding a gun to your head and you want to progress onto something bigger, better, and faster. I know most of the Airserv engineers in my neck of the woods and a few of the pilots and would back them any day.

Goaround7, making a comment like;
"Also, check out the reality of AirServ's apparently perfect safety record (yeah, right) and see the type of pilot - AirServ or Contractor - who was flying in the vast majority of cases...."

All I can say is that when, and I mean when, not if, the day comes when you will be called upon to use some of that vast aviation experience you so obviously have, I hope the scale tilts in your favour..........
Before you get carried away; No, I do not work for AirServ or the contractor and never have. I do however, have a little experience of the contract flying environment.