PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Helicopters fly inverted? (Merged threads)
Old 19th Sep 2005, 21:00
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying inverted

For 3top,

The DA, (display authority) is straightforward. You make contact with the GAD at CAA, either Rob Metcalfe, Dave Evans or Keith Thompson.

Advise you want the DA. Providing they consider your experience adequate, you will be given a DA application and assessment form. You bring that to me or a rotary DAE (display evaluator)

We chat through your proposed display routine and your associated display attitude and knowledge of 403, (display manual.) Next you demonstrate the routine as discussed. No heroics, no special wheezes, just a simple and straightforward display routine that sticks exactly to the planned brief.

If all satisfactory, the DAE forwards his recommendation to the CAA for issue of a DA or otherewise. Just bear in mind, that even when received, your DA will say "Flypasts Only !!!!!!!!!!! "

That's the approval aspect.

To move on to the manoeuvres. All FM's state "no aerobatic manoeuvres" So what are aerobatics? The CAA will advise.... any manoeuvre that exceeds 90 degrees in roll or 60 degrees in pitch.

I have flown my standard display routine before the Enstrom factory officials and have their outline blessing for the manoeuvres flown.

Insurance needs to be tackled next. My insurers, have added to my policy. Occasional display flying by the insured only.

God bless with your efforts.

Dennis Kenyon