PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sending REA-messages to CFMU
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 16:30
prospero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen

A REA may be sent between EOBT minus 30 Mins and CTOT of the flight.
When the REA is filed before the EOBT, the flight is considered as having a new EOBT at this filing time and the Minlineup as the revised taxi time.

To keep track of the difference between the filed off block time and the effective one in ETFMS all subsequent ATFCM messages include the field IOBT (IOBT= latest EOBT filed before the REA was sent)

That is straight from the book and I can tell you that it is THE best way to get an improvement if you are within the above mentioned parameters and have only one regulation. More than one reg then give us a call.

If you don't get improved its cos there ain't any room not because we are bloody-minded.
Prospero

L+G
Having re-read the original post I realised that my first answer didn\'t quite address the question. Here goes with a better attempt:

1. Is the EOBT time entered in the message meant to be the original, planned departure time of the flight or a new one estimated by the controller, based on the fact that the plane is ready for departure right away?
It\'s the new one.

2. Is sending REA after the original EOBT complete waste of time, as the system has already given a CTOT based on that time?
No it\'s the best way (See my original reply)

3. Which of the following fields are mandatory? I\'ve heard someone saying that for example EOBD is not necessary... True?
As far as I am aware they are all mandatory. We often have two callsigns in the system with different EOBD\'s due to RPL\'s

I hope that helps if not give the CFMU a call. We really are lovely people