PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Management Speak / Talking Bolleaux
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 15:35
An Teallach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management Speak / Talking Bolleaux

Well chaps and chapesses, sad to say but things are a bit LEAN up here in God's own country. Upshot is: AT is considering getting back on Auntie Betty's payroll.

Sufficient grey matter appears to have survived the onslaught of Guinness and Islay malt that I can actually remember how to do the actual military stuff. Whoopee!

Question is, it appears from the LEAN thread that MOD hasn't learned yet that most of these management fads are just repackaged / bureaucratized crap sold by some charlatan who's read the principles of war, Sun Tzu, Adair, Slim et. al. without really understanding any of them.

All of the civvy companies I've worked for ran a mile from this kind of tosh. I'd therefore be most grateful for a crash course from fellow ppruners so that, should I go through with it, I will be able to talk bolleaux with the best of them, or at least understand the bolleaux that they are talking to me!

I see LEAN has been bought in to. Is IIP (expensively packaged and bureaucratized common sense) still on the go? What about TQM? any other TLAs or FLAs I should be aware of?