PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flown (or fly) the Huey?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 11:56
H1HU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Embsay 40's weekend

Was a good day. As 509 approached my son I looked at each other and studied those on Bolton Abbey station. Soon heads were being cocked to one side listening intently. Then you could hear some of them saying that they thought it sounded like a huey, but didn't believe it could be. A couple looked at me for conformation, and then you appeared over the tree tops, everyone's reaction was a picture as they still couldn't believe their eyes. I've not seen so many non period cameras appear out of the pockets of British, US etc uniforms so quickly.

Take off from the Devonshire later on was a hoot. As you powered up for lift off everyone was taken by surprise by the down draught. All were spell bound and if you'll pardon the pun 'blown away'.

You certainly got back home quicker than I did in the jeep minus my driver who preferred to fly rather than drive!

The aerial photo of the Devonshire is rather nice in the earlier post. They have changed the decor inside where you get the bar snacks etc. Much more modern rather than the old country pub feel.