Go Smoke
pneumono
ultramicroscopic
silicovolcano
coniosis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D129 - You Know Who You Are!

*RANT ON*

I was duty instructor at Weston On The Green (D129), Oxford Gliding Club on Sunday.

We had four zone busts that day by GA aircraft.

One or two a day is usual.

The first was a Pitts or Christen Eagle (sorry, not a spotter) heading South to North at approx 1500' QFE. Straight through the centre.

This was as a two seat training glider was commencing a winch launch.

If the Pitts/CE had been 30 seconds later he would have collected 1,500' of multi strand steel cable, a two seat glider and a two ton winch. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on the possible consequences.

"To the Pitts pilot, if he should happen to read this forum" - we did not manage to get your registration so you can probably breath a big sigh.

The second zone bust was a Jodel. Again heading South to North at about 2,000' QFE.
As he merrily chugged his way over the Northern airfield boundary he would have been oblivious to the nine square parachute canopies blossoming in his wake.
A few seconds later and it wouldn't of only been his day that he ruined but also some other poor unfortunate.

"To the Jodel pilot, if he should happen to read this forum" - I believe the jump aircraft tried to get your registration, not sure if they did or not, but I wouldn't breath too easily for a couple of weeks mate.

I did not see the other two as I was in the air at the time so cannot comment further other than to say:

"You may not value yours or your passengers lives, I may not value your life either but I sure do value mine and the lives of my flying buddies and those under my charge.
I cannot over emphasise how dangerous it is to fly through D129 - please don't.
If you know who you are then maybe you need to have a little sit down in a quiet room and ponder your actions for a moment.
You may then like to have a little chat with your CFI.
Certainly you may like to ground yourself until you've had a little refresher flight with him.
You know it's the responsible thing to do?"

Go Smoke

*RANT OFF*

Last edited by Go Smoke; 19th Sep 2005 at 11:09.