PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrants
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2005, 07:57
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
ORAC,

There is a world of difference between Tradition and Myth. Saluting Medal of Honor or Victoria Cross holders suggests respect for valor amongst military persons.

That is what this whole thread is really about....respect between military persons and tradition....none of which "requires" a written mandate somewhere in a manual or archive of orders. There are some things one does....simply because it is the done thing....and to do otherwise is not acceptable.

Shame some folks have trouble accepting those simple unwritten parts of a code of conduct that binds our individual military forces together and makes being a Soldier, Airman, Sailor,or Marine such an important source of strength in times of need.

I don't know about you but everytime I have been in the presence of Medal of Honor recipients I have seen only grace and humility and a man that is quick to suggest he was only doing his duty and that he was wearing the Medal for others who were also justly deserving.

It would be no surprise to me that holders of the Victoria Cross are exactly the same.

Seems we could all learn something from them.