PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 18th Sep 2005, 22:16
Beaver Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Support

HH
I know for a fact that Atlas pilots have not flown any cargo from ANC. Each master waybill is inspected for Polar's number (403) by the crew and others, and each pallet of cargo is inspected for evidence that it is Polar cargo. In addition, Atlas pilots have been on the picket line and all those on the picket lines have been fed (free) by food from an Atlas pilot's restaurant.

The only problem I see is that your support is fast wavering due to the antics of your former MEC chairman both on and off the picket line. This gentleman (BF) has apparently decided to take it on himself to visit Atlas pilots houses (granted he apparently knew them) and tell those pilots wives that they are now considered scabs. It has also been reported that he had a verbal confrontation with an Atlas pilot on the picket line who had volunteered his free tiime to support you guys. This is unsatisfactory.

From this and other reports I have heard, the Polar pilots have gotten outstanding support from their Atlas brothers despite all of the acrimony leveled at them both in ANC and also in ORD and other places.

Good luck to you guys.
BD

Last edited by Beaver Driver; 18th Sep 2005 at 22:28.