PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF VR(T) Officers in your Mess
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2005, 14:41
1000hrsdesk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was at Shawbury we were sat in the bar late one night midweek celebrating a test pass of some kind. As gent in civvies approached a qhi at another table and suggested loud enough for all to hear that since it "appeared to be past 7" us STUDENTS still in flying suits should leave the bar. That the QHI was in uniform didn't seem to bother our guest.

The qhi sent him on his way and a pretty heavy session soon developed. After about an hour of twitching in his seat and glowering over ar us, the guy came back over demanding that we kept the noise down as he was having trouble READING HIS BOOK! When we suggested he went into the anteroom for some peace and quiet he read the riot act and demanded our names and that of our boss so we could recieve the rightfully deserved hats on the next morning. When he went on to introduce himself as flt lt blah from the air cadet summer camp he was heckled out of the bar.

The next morning he called work and one my mates answered the phone and transfered him through to the boss. As ops was next door to the boss's office we eavesdropped and the conversation ran something like this...

"i see, they did what?......and what were their names?.......right......uniform after 7?..........noisy?.......yes i'll deal with this.....sorry who are you again?.........Oh F@&K OFF!