PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Filthy' flight decks
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2005, 13:01
AMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all for "leaving a place better than you found it", and there's no excuse for not picking up trash after yourself when you leave the cockpit. But reading this thread has me wondering just how many hypochondriacs living in hermitically-sealed bubbles are out there masquerading as airline pilots. I mean really...

Legislating away dust in the cockpit?

Cookie crumbs in the seat rail constituting a workplace environmental health hazard?

Involve the government and BALPA?

Dettol-wiping every surface or switch you might touch in the cockpit before a flight instead of keeping your hands out of your mouth like your mother told you?

And most of these comments coming from people who take national pride in the close-quarters, macro petri dish known as public mass-transport and the invention of the queue, both of which seem to be tailor-made for the puprose of germ-swapping with strangers?

Y'all are beginning to worry me. Makes me wonder what kind of diseases you're carrying around.

Btw, I think it was on the Discovery Channel where I saw that the "dust" you encounter indoors (yes, even workplaces that vacumn and wipe off desks every night have dust) consists mainly of minute flakes of human skin.

Just think, even as you read this, you're sucking thousands of them into your lungs with every breath! And don't even get me started about what lives inside the hotel mattresses and pillows you sleep on, mouth agape, where thousands have slept before.

Yes lads, you might go crazy thinking about it.

Last edited by AMF; 18th Sep 2005 at 15:20.