PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Pilot shot but lands ok in Iraq
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2005, 09:57
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Merlin; Arthurs Wizard - Member for a year and 5 posts. First post, you guessed it, Global Eagle!!
Silsoe Sid is indeed a prat!
I wonder why this is.
Is it because I;

Updated pprune viewers with gen on thread title "AAC Pilot shot but lands ok in Iraq", from the site of the 18th plural and the press reports?

Or because I said;
"The injuries sustained start me wondering about kit availability. Lets hope it's not yet another round of 'chest armour / Arm'd seats not available'."

Based on my experience in Bosnia and there not being any body armour available to myself or crew?

From my earlier post;
"In our case, the body armour was still in the stores back in Germany, as the threat wasn't considered to be there. FACT!
This was made clear when I asked for it prior to a task to Sebrinica."

May I remind you that British Squaddies are still dying because the kit to protect them is not being issued.
I refer to IR jammers for neutralising roadside bombs!! Link Link2

One newspaper report suggested the equipment request was turned down because the kit was unavailable, when in fact the base at Basra had stocks of the equipment waiting and ready to be used.
But then again I'm sure you must have your own reasons to name call SS.

As an aside, may I ask you to read the WHOLE thread before making your profound statements, Ta!

Have a lovely day,
SS