PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Star F/O salery
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2005, 05:32
ITCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rescue 1, I don't know if that has changed. I heard the salary and conditions offer direct from the horses mouth (no offence) about 6 months ago. Salary sacrifice was an option if I took on the job and was successful.

As for EBA questions, I am not a JQ pilot but I do know that their new EBA was voted in only last month. It should be certified soon and available for all to view on www.wagenet.gov.au

bfb, I am not suggesting that Jetstar checkies are capricious, nor do I suggest that Alteon trainers are less than diligent. Looking at the names in both camps, you see some very experienced people. Some very highly regarded individuals in fact, that take their role seriously.

So that isn't the problem.

It is a problem of structure. When you have never flown a jet, you need to be within a check and training framework. You literally do not know what you don't know. Doesn't matter how many times you read HTBJ. You need guidance. Not everybody will 'get it' within the time allocated.

What we are seeing is economic rationalism, gone irrational! The aspiring jet pilot will back him- or herself. You wouldn't let your ten year old teach themselves how to fire a rifle. They need guidance from people who know about rifles.

Deliberately placing the trainee 'outside' the organisation, using outsourced training, and not taking responsibility to use your experienced people to (1) pick the right people and (2) wear the cost of making a poor choice every now and again is downright irresponsible.

You will discourage careful people from becoming pilots. You favour the reckless and those who are less self-critical. Is that who you want flying your airliners? Put your AoC in their hands?

Too many folk think this is an economic discussion. It isn't. It is about safety.

Last edited by ITCZ; 18th Sep 2005 at 07:10.