PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small A/C Threatens Sky Tower
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2005, 04:18
whiteknuckleairlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'd have to say that let's say NZ did have some fighter a/c....do you really think that there would be a green light to start shooting missles and/or bullets the size of your fist over a highly populated city? The same thing happened in the US (twice)and due to the speed (let's say 100kts) compared to 500kts of a fast jet and the fact that shooting it down would kill/injure more people than letting him fly around the city I think that the appropriate course of action was taken. More people would be injured if someone drove their family car into a restaurant than a cherokee flying into a building. Let's keep this in perspective. As much as the thought of the military being able to sort this problem out the reality is totally different. My sympathies go out to this guy (most people from Ardmore will know him). He has obviously had some major turmoil in his life and things have turned out very very bad for him. Not only is he never going to be abe to fly a plane again but he has some extremely serious criminal charges to face.