PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrants
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2005, 21:17
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
Folks,

I don't expect to be saluted....never did....that was the beauty of being an old time Warrant Officer...and not being in any way associated with the US Army...I don't give a **** who gets saluted or not. If you read back over the posts....you will see that is my position and the only time I suggested British Enlisted and Non-Commissioned officers should salute American Army Warrant Officers was out of a sense of military courtesy and discipline. What you Teabags think about "Sceptic" ranks matters not a wit.

I would suggest if you cannot accept the fact the American Warrant Officer is a full fledged card carrying member of the Officers Mess then you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I can assure you that doubt the fact that Warrants are officers....and thus entitled to the fullest extent of military courtesy....that if one of my Warrants was refused entrance to your Officers Mess....I would take my aircraft and crew and piss off to the nearest pub and let your OC explain to his chain of command why that happened.

Being an old time Warrant Officer....we learned not to suffer fools well. Anyone that persists in suggesting they would not extend and demand the proper military courtesy as a serving military officer is an idiot.

Skip the banter chaps...banter is simple...one line jesting....and I fear some of you are past that point.