PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta & Northwest file for Chapter 11
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2005, 15:18
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>moral of the story for all future illlegal immigrants in america do not buy any dvd as to how to act as a airline pilot

This guy may just be an "enthusiast" but things like false documents and pilot uniforms are taken a lot more seriously after the 911 attacks. The UK has seen recently how sleeper cells can carry out an attack after months or years of planning.

Being in the country illegally is viewed almost as an entitlement by some groups.

For example, banks are changing rules to make it easier for "undocumented migrants" to own a home in America:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/08/news...al_immigrants/

The 911 terrorists used this lax attitude toward documentation to their advantage. Given this recent and painful history, security has been increased in areas including training and even pilot supplies and uniforms.

I hope, if otherwise innocent, this young man is able to resolve his legal difficulties and repay his debts to Sporty's.

>>I think that, with the present climate of fear in the States, it would not be likely that someone from the Middle East would be accepted at any of the many flight schools operating in the U.S.

Well, you do need TSA authorization for flight training but it is a good thing in my opinion. I have a Greek friend who was able to fly the line here in the U.S. for months without problem but was unable to do annual simulator training due to a TSA paperwork snag. Similarly though, if I travel to a country with an expired visa, I have a paperwork problem even though my purpose is completely legitimate.

Here's the DVD mentioned above, it features a captain from bankrupt Delta Air Lines giving career advice:

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl....ID=7301&DID=19

Last edited by Airbubba; 17th Sep 2005 at 15:43.