PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - logan air
Thread: logan air
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2005, 08:56
smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What use is a SAAB TR anyway unless you are employed with Logan. All I am saying is, on a busines/staff turnover point of view I would have thought that a company like Logan would have employed a more senior age group, with no need to relocate ie living in Scotland. This type of employee, through anecdotal evidence only, would be more likely to stay with Logan longer thus providing the airline with continuity in staff and actually, hiring and firing costs money to the HR department. Any big company I have worked for in the past have always done everything they can to keep you, such as profit sharing, share schemes, extra holidays for length of service etc as they know that key staff resignations are disruptive to their business.

The oxford pup is more likely to jump ship imho and head south for the lure of a shiny new than the more mature, home based, modular guy (purely anecdotal evidence again), but maybe this is what Logan prefer, a constant turnover of pilots. I don't know if this is the case but as I say it is imho.