PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Backtracking?
Thread: Backtracking?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2005, 00:52
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Non-pilot and outsider speaking.
Yes, the operators should meet ATC (Twr and Radar which are two seperate units) - anyone want to arrange a date?
W-h-h-a-a-a-t???

The supplier (ATC) and their clients (carriers) do not meet? Do they not meet regularly or simply not meet at all? Any supplier/client relationship that I have seen in 27 years in commerce starts at the high level and, once the ground rules (no pun intended) are established, the folks that are going to work together day-to-day then meet regularly. if it is not possible for all of them to meet (in this case) then suitable representatives will do so. That would NOT just mean the Chief Pilot.

In my line of work, I regularly talk to the folks in the 'back office' and understand what constraints they operate under. Why I go to work at a new facility (I am freelance) then I need to meet the staff there and find out how I can fit in with their routine and encourage them to fit in with mine.

Meeting people over a comms link is not the best way to understand them. I worked in telecomms for many years and I know the limitations of audio and video conferencing and that is when you have people who can talk freely and not in structured phrases and in limited time whilst under pressure!!

Am I being overly simplistic here?