PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scotia
Thread: Scotia
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2001, 19:50
Tuckunder

Sadly I agree with North Sea Phantom. Bristow and Scotia don't give a damn about our pay and conditions as long as the shareholders are happy. They will use delay tactics as long as possible, try and divide and conquer the workforce. Bristow pilots have a problem with low BALPA membership. What happens if the company target "special deals". Are we a united workforce? Until we are, the management will have the upper hand and will continue to reward us with S... all! It is all too easy to criticise BALPA and I am a chief culprit. However, in fairness we are not giving them a mandate to bargain with and until we do, I am afraid BALPA are a toothless tiger. So get out there, join BALPA, and let us really take on the management. I agree with all said before, it is irrelevant to us, what Bristow profits are. If they need more they go to the client and ask. The oil companies cannot survive without us. I suspect market forces will eventually cause a late reaction by our management, but by then it may well be too late. Talk about head in the sand management!