PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MoD helicopter low level training rules
Old 16th Sep 2005, 21:51
Norman Nimrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with Hueymeister reference training in Northern Scotland .. hailing from the frozen north myself I have never encountered anyone there hostile to low flying indeed during my time as an Ops Clerk (Sorry Aircrew .. your forum is more interesting than the ops one!!) whenever I went home people were understanding when the jets and helos went whizzing over. In fact my daughter got time out from school recently to visit the airport to see someHawks that were at Wick airport for low flying training. Many thanks to the pilots involved .. duaghter was well impressed.

But certain horsey types are living proof that brain death isnt fatal .. one example being the women who moved to the North of Scotland some years back to open a horse riding centre .. and built it between Lossie and Kinloss .. and then complained that wthe Nimrods were disturbing her animals.

And if the helo community do head north en masse please try not to disturb the haggis .. its breeding season !!