PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Pacific
Thread: Air Pacific
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2005, 20:53
ys120fz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAW I spent a year there some time ago. Nice enough people.

You won't get rich there but as somebody else says it's a stepping stone. I keep in touch with a couple of locals on the 737, and it seems there are plenty of hours available for contractorsif you want to work.
It seems that the 737 is becoming a local no go zone, with mainly contract captains now, and a few copntract FO's as well.

Standard is good as is the maintenance, or were when I left and I think that would have continued.

Layovers are good spots and good hotels. I hear that guys are now being based temporarily in Vancouver for a couple of weeks to cover the YVR HNL flying, and that couldn't be all bad.

And then there's Ed's bar on a Saturday night, or any night for that matter. Brown babes are plentiful. Ahh, Ed's Bar with a Fiji Bitter in the hand and a Fiji sweet hanging on...life was good.
And if local chicks aren't your taste, then there's the Nadi backpackers area..pick your poison.

As for the bluest and clearestwater, I think the Bahamas have the edge, but is there much difference between 200' and 300' viz when you're down 40 feet or so sucking on a tank? Probly not.