PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 Questions...
Thread: 2 Questions...
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2002, 00:27
CyclicRick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2 Questions...

Hello all you knowledgeable types.. .I have one very simple question. What the hell does 'settling with power' mean? Yes, Yes I know it's VRS but where did our American cousins get that phrase? I can't figure it out, at first I thought they meant a nice soft touch down using the engine but....? . .. .There was a topic talking about 'Blackhawk Down' recently. I don't wish to detriment the bravery and skill of anyone involved but to me it seems like asking for trouble going into a city full of people to extract (one?) man with half a million helicopters. These things make noise and lots of it, somebody was bound to notice soon enough and even a complete idiot can cause havoc with an RPG7 and an AK 47.. .I spent a while in the Royal Marines aswell as the AAC and know a tiny bit about tactics and it seems to me that the people who planned it were under a hollywood contract.. .I think the boys from 'The Regiment' would have done a fine job with 8 blokes quickly and quietly.. .It just amazed me thats all.. .Any thoughts?