PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Filthy' flight decks
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2005, 12:14
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to HKG Phooeys' original post:

Mr Phooey you are I presume living in that former far-flung outpost of the United Kingdom known as Hong Kong?

I also presume you travel to your place of work on Hong Kongs extremely efficient public transport. And on your G-Days you are travelling round town possibly with your family on the same public transport?

Or is it that when you went to work you were obviously wearing latex gloves to hold that handrail and ring the bell to get off the bus? Wearing a full bio-protective suit perhaps, with a filtered airsource? Or you didn't go out on your G-Days, you lived inside a hermetically sealed oxygen tent. Travelled to and from work like the crew of the Space Shuttle in a decontaminated Winnebago.

Now, maybe you could cast your mind back a couple of years to a time when there was a thing called SARS going around. And how everybody in the Hong Kong community, all 7 million of us, sat up and realised what a dirty bunch of what-nots we were. And all of a sudden, overnight, in response to the brilliant govermnment adverts, people were washing their hands after blowing their noses, after wiping their behinds and taking a whizz. So as to be considerate to their fellow city dwellers. NOT.

So if your fellow crew member has got the chart in his/her gob, what do you do? Well, you come in here and have a moan of course!

Maybe, and I'm not suggesting anything painful here, you could politely ask him/her to remove it from their chops? Or report it to your superior as unprofessional behaviour? You'll probably find they are also the person that cut's their nails on the MTR, spits on the pavement, pisses all over the public toilet seat, before forgetting to wash his hands and get on the bus, MTR, taxi etc etc etc. If you feel you can't do it because of the face culture. Well I wouldn't like to begin to tell you how many holes in the ground have been caused by pandering to face in our industry.

Rant over.

PS Welcome to Hong Kong!!