PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Murad Ismail / Interlink in the Dock
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2005, 05:13
alwaysinverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Trevor, give us some Gen! you know the ins and outs of these people! Murat was your friend until......... well, the rest is history.

Boomerang, interesting post. The current CAA may be FUBAR'd, but I can assure you that with regards to corruption and irregularities, it can't beat the old DCA. A couple of CAA employees may have learnt from, or taken some tips from the long standing DCA/ now CAA employees on how to act in an untoward manner.

Rennie van Zyl professed to be a little angel, goodie two shoes, but I have recently had site of some documents that categorically state the man's corruptive behaviour, and there are lots of examples. He was a big fish in a very small pond, and thought that he could walk on water.

1. A SA Citizen flying abroad, an ATP, fraudulently alters the validation of his medical certificate, and van Zyl helps him with it. The result, a fake notice to the Chief Flying Inspector to warn the pilot not to do it again. An act of fraud, but No action!

2. Cover ups of gross corruptive issues in the Flight Inspector's Department.

3. Chief Flight Inspector of the time is caught out acting untoward. The result? Van Zyl instructs the concerned gentleman to resign in order to get pension package.

4. Denies a long time employee a resignation package. The result? Long term employee loses out on a substantial amount of revenue. The reason? Did'nt like long term employee and decided to nail him financially.

5. Gave Pan Ops contract to an ex employee and his supporter.

And so the list goes on.

Moerat was covered for a million times by van Zyl on instructions of the then Government. Van Zyl had political ambitions and played the game, but he became totally disillusioned when his Broederbond mates let him down, and appointed Trevor as Commissioner, so he decided to leave SA.

Other interesting issue that I stumbled across was the fact that van Zyl was never the Commissioner. Makes one think huh?

Maybe Murat's had enough bashing on this forum, and maybe people that have had bad experiences with the DCA/van Zyl and his cronies should start posting here.