PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers
Thread: Movers
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2005, 11:05
Data-Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Familiar Rings

Agree with Talking Radalt.

I must applaud every effort to improve the flow of information on the obscure science of ‘moving’ by AT. Popularity confirms the best Web sites as those that plan their requirements carefully; using simple business processes, valid links and the latest information. Implementation may be in phases but, generally, a good website does not go live until the first phase of design and information is ready for publishing.

Websites like PPruNe prosper because its information reflects the ethos of its contributors, readers and their interests. It passes the acid rest of ‘What’s in it for Me’. So let us apply that test to http://www.rafmovs.com/.

While I regret I am not sure what the R*Index might do, I recognise both the picture and the instruction: “Please wait a few seconds while www.rafmovs.com loads”. Before the reader has time to think, he/she is whisked off eagerly to a new page and another message: “Sorry the website is deactivated for maintenance. We should be back shortly”. This is a shame but there is a “Go Back” button. This takes you back to the original page – but, within moments, its technology dumps the unfortunate reader back into the Maintenance page.

So let me get this right. A mover gives me a sneak preview of an aircraft that is probably ready to roll but then sends me somewhere else to an area that is not working properly and where I cannot see any activity. The mover "should be back shortly", but I do not know who or when. If I try another look at the aircraft, I am returned unceremoniously into the waiting area, in some kind of permanent loop, and no one can tell me what is going on. Sounds familiar!

This site cannot be a wind up and this may be the finished product – it is far too close to this reader’s perception of what makes BZZ (and the Mounting Base that cannot be named) tick.