PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2005, 11:02
Gingerbread Man

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello, i've just read through the thread and the volume of information and advice given is superb - nice work everyone!

I do have a few queries that didn't seem to be covered though, if someone wouldn't mind indulging my curiousity.

Firstly, i went through RAF selection at Cranwell in 2002 and passed the aptitude tests for aircrew and apparently did very well in the interview. I was eventually chopped at the medical because I was too tall for an ejection seat, but I don't foresee that being an issue on an airliner . I was wondering how well that experience would have prepared me for the CTC selection, if anyone has been through both and can comment.

Secondly, I am currently at university studying aerospace engineering (how many times have you heard that before from a pilot wanabe ) and have just completed my PPL (not related to the course). I wondered if you can apply to CTC whilst at uni, or whether you have to be in a position to join them when you apply. The latter makes sense, but I thought there was no harm in checking. With regard to my PPL, I have heard that it is wise to keep your flying hours to a minimum to avoid gathering bad habits - is this a view that is shared here?

Thanks for any information.

Cheers

Ginger