PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 17th Dec 2000, 04:04
212man

Wink

I'm afraid I posted that in the spirit of 'devil's advocate' to some extent. Having said that, the author of the site (Paul Cantrell) does give credit for the information coming from the FAA basic rotorcraft handbook. Not having seen that particular manual, I couldn't say whether he has doctored it's contents.

On the subject of precession, does the magnitude of the force being redirected by 90 degrees stay the same? or is there some magnifying effect/absorbtion? Also, to continue with Grey Area's theme with pitch up; if you take an a/c with a very high control power (ie rigid head or large flapping hing offset)eg Bo105 or Lynx, and pitch up rapidly, surely there would be an equally rapid roll reaction too? Conversely, when manouevering in a tactical situation with large rates of roll, would not the pilot have to contend with the a/c 'bucking' up and down in pitch? I don't believe this to be the case.

Totally different topic, Lu have you had any involvement with the EC 155B (Dauphin N4)? If so, any info gratefully read.

------------------
Another day in paradise