PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 29th Nov 2000, 00:39
Lu Zuckerman

Thumbs down

To: Imlanphere

Youre comment to Arm the Floats is correct. When the cyclic is in the mid point of its's travel (Fore and aft and left and right the swashplate is tipped to the left. However, when the cyclic is in the rigged neutral position the swashplate is flat.

Your second point is correct as well as it states the same point made above.

Regarding the Cyclic lateral knob here is the definition taken from the repair manual.

The function of the cyclic lateral trim spring is to remove the left stick force in cruise conditions. It is actuated by pulling up on the black knob located forward of the cyclic stick.

When you pull up on the black knob (and not the mixture control) it misaligns a spring pack that is attached to the A177-1 pivot assembly. So far so good. In order to cause the misalignment one end of the shaft that the spring rides on must go up and the other must go down. However from what I can gather from the illustrations in the maintenance manual the other end is anchored to the left keel beam. At that point I have to give up as I can't figure out how they can alter the spring force in order to counter the loads that cause the stick to move.

Maybe, some really sharp mechanic can explain how the moving of the knob in an upward direction effects the spring load.

------------------
The Cat

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 28 November 2000).]