PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 26th Nov 2000, 20:23
Try_Cyclic

Wink

This reminds me of the JFK conspiracies.
I suppose none of us can come up with anything that Lu won't distort to his own purpose.
The website he thinks is run by pro-Robinson agents is actually using the teaching diagrams and text created by Paul Cantrell. http://www.cybercom.net/~copters/helicopter.html
A lot of other sites are using his material.

Lu just tried to explain away the role of flapping in a helicopter.
He comes up with ideas that remind me of Zeno's paradox in school.
At one point he says:
"If what you said about pitch coupling altering the phase angle is true, it must occur in this 18 degree arc at a tip speed of 599 feet per second or, 408 MPH. Please explain how it happens in this distance and at that speed"

Lu, the blades do not flap in 18 degrees.
The blades in a Robinson and Bell flap in the same way. The flapping cycle is not phase shifted. The control inputs are phase shifted so that the blades wind up doing the same thing in Bell or Robinson.
Your grasp of these concepts seems to be horribly distorted. By spreading your misconceptions around to others , you are harming Robinson and scaring students off.
I have seen your attack papers passed around on other forums and people are believing your twaddle. No doubt you believe it yourself.

[This message has been edited by Try_Cyclic (edited 26 November 2000).]