PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 1st Nov 2000, 07:44
Lu Zuckerman

Thumbs down

In several of my posts I alluded to the fact that Frank Robinson at one time during the certification of the R22 acted as the Designated Engineering Representative. I stated that it was a conflict of interest and that part is true but according to FAA regulations it is allowed. So when I stated that he should not have been allowed I was in error. However by the FAAs own regulations they had recognized the fact that it was a conflict of interest but they allowed it anyway.

Here is the wording in FAA document 8130.37C Page 33 dated 9/30/98. This particular document may have been originally published long before the R22 certification but I don't know if this particular reg was in force at that time.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST: THE RISK OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST INCREASES AS A COMPANY DER TAKES ON ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND RISES TO AN "EXECUTIVE" LEVEL WITHIN THE COMPANY, WHERE THE PRIMARY JOB DUTIES ARE SCHEDULE-DRIVEN AND DEVOTED TO OUTPUT OF THE COMPANIES'WHOLE SALEABLE PRODUCTS

------------------
The Cat

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 01 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 01 November 2000).]