PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Certification of Robinson Helicopters (incl post by Frank Robinson)
Old 30th Sep 2000, 07:14
JoePilot

Thumbs down

I wouldn't bother if I were you!! ...

He can't even say anything positive about them ... he's not an engineer then! AND now he's trying to weazel his way out of admitting he is wrong.

THERE IS NO SUCH L I M I T A T I O N !!!
YES:Safety Notice SN-11 is titled PUSHOVERS CAN BE CATASTROPHIC.

YES:SN-24 LOW RPM ROTOR STALL CAN BE FATAL

If it didn't say those things a misguided American (McDonalds coffee cup) style prosectution might be launched, supported by a 'plausable enough' sounding bystander very alarmistly and apparently sincerely talking drivel...

The bit about sideslip in the context of mis handling pilots in turbulence is just after the bit that says avoid flying over ball games because of the noise .... in Section 4 NORMAL PROCEDURES !!!

Even ARK has the decency to say he doesn't know enough about them - he just doesn't like them ... that's fair enough.

This is information to help pilots who don't understand .... not intended for twisting by the ignorant - to terrify the ignorant.

Are you actually qualified in any academic sense in this field?

Could I please have some support from the anti Robbo fraternity here? It'd definately help me respect your views more.

There are lots of HAZARDS when you fly they are called FACTORS. Its what pilots do! They consider factors from a position of understanding - or even a position of understanding the limmit of their understanding!

Lu you didn't even bother to address the points I've made except for a very gentle and unacknowledged curve away from some of your WILD ASSERTIONS... You are wasting my time!

I am trying to make a balanced knowledgable input to help my fellow aviators.

HeliDriver! Yes I too welcomed the chance to discuss this in forum. Yes invite "missile" throwers. BUT in your post please retract: "Joe Pilot has proven to his own satisfaction that the Robbie can be flown way outside the POH prescribed limitations"
perhaps replace with: 'proven (to himself, [if you must])an adequate performance envelope' or some such (which I indeed have incidentally)

AND in PARA 3 Your point is correctly contingent on the words "if, then" - any view change?

AND sure I'd rather not comment on the Frank as D.E.R. issue except to say he IS GOOD at what he does.

As for Lu getting hounded out by schoolyard bullies ... well unless he can say something balanced and constructive what do y...? Wouldn't dream of that sort of behaviour here.... open forum all views welcome (surely a limit though ... HeliMod?)
Last chance for Lu from me I'm afraid. If you can't say something balanced I just can't talk to you ... I just hang on to the consoling hope that maybe you are just trying in some misguided way to help further the sum of human knowledge and inform and save the ignorant ... or something like that anyway.
Say something nice!
I: admire your tenacity!
Even in your last post you LIE: "This is now; the FAA has placed a restriction on the 22 and the 44 saying that they must avoid flying out of trim (balance) and flying in any type of sideslip" - JUST NOT TRUE - You must retract this statment starting with the words: I AM SORRY I MISLED(LIED) TO THIS FORUM AND THOSE PEOPLE ON IT WHO HAVE BELIEVED ME, I HAVE OVERZEALOUSLY OVERSTATED MY CASE THE TRUE POSITION IS ...
ok?
Say something nice!
I: admire your tenacity!

Note from helidrvr: Yesterday I asked JoePilot to remove some gratuitous nastiness from this post. He didn't so I had to.

[This message has been edited by helidrvr (edited 01 October 2000).]