PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parc Mcc
Thread: Parc Mcc
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 21:04
TRISTAR1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCC

Silverknapper.

I do not know who you are, but you seem to have some pretty strong views.

I also suggest that you read my post more carefully before you attack me.

I did not say that an MCC course replaces a type rating, far from it.

What I did say was that 20 hours in a full motion jet sim will help you (if you have never operated a jet) when it comes time to do a type rating.

Type ratings are there to teach you how to handle abnormal operations on a particular type, not to teach you basic jet handling. Training Captains do not have time during a type rating to train you in the basics (which is why airlines prefer pilots to have at least 1500 hours preferably on larger twins etc.) If a training Captain has to spend 5 or 10 hours teaching you the basics then that leaves precious little time to complete the course in the 40 hours. If you fail or require more training then the training Captain will have to explain the budget and time over run to his (her) boss.

I do not have to advertise on here as I have more than enough work. I am currently training up 2 more MCC instructors because we are so busy. Also 90% of my students are referals from other students who have completed the course.

I also agree that a lot of it is to do with the instruction.

For your information I am a recently retired (early) check and training Captain. I have 14,000+ hours and have operated 4 different medium/ heavy jets both as F/O and Captain. I have also worked for 2 major airlines.

Thank you for sticking up for me Send Clowns.