PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 14:42
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
First post coming up here....
Im about to start my final year at uni and have been assessing the industry, FTO's and preparing myself with further flight experience to better prepare myself for future selection. I am very interested in the CTC scheme...although I have been given mixed reviews. Some were excellent, praising the amount of airtime you get and the facilities but a few general concerns are along the lines of the ground school quality. I understand this course is not fully integrated with 800 classroom hrs like other schemes on offer, and this is fine in itself, but a training captain I know said his very high profile airline would not recruit from CTC because it is not integrated and that his personal view was that there was a lot of very clever marketing for a scheme that claims to offer more than it actually does. Other pilots I know have also voiced some concern over the lack of support structure available to students while studying for their ATPL ground exams. I don't know whether I have just been taken in by the marketing but I can't help but think this scheme potentially could offer more than most other schemes, established integrated included. CTC told me that the students generally form study-groups to work together for their ground exams and have an excellent first time pass rate. Anyone's input would be much appreciated!
Selection sounds incredibly tough...sounds like a fair few get through to selection where they take over £160 from you but from there it seems you have to be fairly special to go further. I'd like to think I might have what it takes...OAT offered me a place on APP a few weeks ago so at this stage that is a 'Plan B', as many have recommended is good to have.
I would be very grateful for anyone's info, experiences, opinions etc.
Thanks