PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 11:21
Oyindo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think it must be mistaken identity......... otherwise you wouldn't have responded as churlishly as you did, you'd have understood what I meant by my knowing your sister.
SN,
The tone of your reply was not just cricket. We Nigerians don’t take kindly to churlish remarks made about our siblings, the level of intelligence or aspirations. You don’t know me, the assumption that you did, forced me to play defensively on the back foot and just for your information I know a lot more about aviation in Nigeria than you give me credit for.
The whole package including all allowances offered by VK is not befitting of a flag carrier.
Good pay, terms and conditions is the first step to loyalty and retention. Ones earning power comes first then the type of aircraft a distant second. Pilots start becoming wingers as soon as the bean counters start eroding the T&C’s. It started at Big Airways with the loss of the cheese tray. I am an advocate for the very best airline for my beloved country and hope that VK will be just that, second best will not do. I feel that VK really needs to get it right first time. We have been disappointed too many times.
Aero has built such a reliable and dependable operation, the travelling public are rewarding them with their loyalty. Do you know how many aero pilots even bothered to give VK a look in? A hand full only. Aero has one of the best retention rates in the industry and that surely has come from their very good T&C’s.

Who doesn't think that high pay buys loyalty? I have been where I am for over ten years, despite almost getting shot on the way to work, catching malaria, having to work with moaning Brits, being periodically overworked, understimulated, annoyed, bored, moan, moan, moan... when I just look at the money piling up which goes to pay for all sorts of useful things in the five months off per annum. You think I would have stuck around for a lot less money? Umm, because I like work, or what? Nah, it's the pay (and the time off), stupid!
CHUKS
Well said and every word true

Last edited by Oyindo; 20th Sep 2005 at 16:12.