PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bondage at 36,000 feet
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2005, 09:27
Avionic_Adonis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautifully written, but I can't fully agree. I've never had problems with Ryanair; they tend to leave on time, and get me to places in Europe that only five years ago were costly and difficult to get too. The staff might not always be too friendly (some are!), but at least they don't patronise you with fake BA-style insincerity. And although I've never been dumped by them in Carcassone, I haven't had to wait for my flight in a tent for three days eating sandwhiches while BA sort out (yet another) industrial dispute.

O'Leary is a contentious and inflammatory character, but without people like him who else would be buying new aircraft? His business style is disagreeable, but if you see the (less than modest) FR Headquarters in Dublin you realise that they're not wasting their cash on glass and chrome palaces. No car parks full of director's Bentley's, and hoards of unnecessary staff.

The flights I use to the South of France, Portugal and Sardinia are often full of students and young people and I welcome that. These people are becoming familiar with the concept of flying to get somewhere and will take that with them through their lives. They are often full of obviously affluent, educated cultured people too, so let's forget the idea that the low cost carriers are simply catering for 'the masses'.

Anyway, can someone name an airline that does look after passengers these days?