PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Secondary Duties???????
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2005, 23:28
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmmm yes I seem to remember being told something about secondary duties back at Cranditz and how being OIC Knitting and Macramy will make me a more rounded person and therefore more promotable.

I have just come back from my 3rd jolly to the sandpit in 2 years and will no doubt be expected to go off on god knows how many pointless exercises as well as more time on ops which I don't mind. When I am actually at home, I am currently doing my job plus 2 other peoples' - well one which is also covering a post which will never be filled, so effectively 3 as they all come banging on my door. Where the do I find time for secondary duties??????? What does the system want - the world's best knitted scarf in RAF colours or me to do my job????? I do my bit on sqn, but I don't have time to build a new hospital single handedly or organise a charity exped to Outer Mongolia on behalf of the retired chisselers association.

What's the betting that when the board sits, all they can talk about is how nice a scarf would be come winter Hurrumph

Last edited by Melchett01; 12th Sep 2005 at 23:42.