PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrants
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2005, 14:02
Twonston Pickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.......Lead Service/Country?

New WO1,

Lots has been written here about equivalencies etc, but the real point was raised by SASless' link; the American system was established from the long-held British Model. Therefore, it's not a case of us (Brits) agreeing to salute you (USA) but maybe a case of you guys swallowing humble pie and realising that we have been running a military structure longer than you. In fact, the majority of countries around the World has adopted the Brit Model in one modified form or another. Who, therefore, do you think might have precedence over such an arguement. Besides, if NATO think you are between an officer and an enlisted man, who are we to argue.

As a commissioned officer, I hold a commission from the Queen; WOs hold a warrant issued by the Sec State for Def. WOs are skilled, knowledgable and well respected people in the British Military but have no desire for Officer status (save a few applying for a commission). The point is that you hold one or the other but not both; you cannot have your cake and eat it! Look forward to receiving a salute from you; let me know where you are and I'll be glad to drop by (it's the only time I will go out of my way for one instead of trying to avoid them!). Hope you are now suitably back in your box.

Incoming........................