PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parc Mcc
Thread: Parc Mcc
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 20:48
TRISTAR1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet MCC

Have you flown many jets silverknapper?

Just about all jets fly the same, they are designed to be similar so that line crews will not have much trouble transitioning to different types.

If you can fly a B727 then apart from assymetric problems on the bigger twins, you should be able to cope with anything else.

The reason that the L1011 makes such a good trainer for MCC is the size of the flight deck and the ability to automate moste of the 3rd crew members duty.

Students completing their course on the Tristar normally have no difficulty with the B727 or the B747 (all 3 in the same building).

The B727 is used by many airlines for sim assesment because of the low cost and availability as is the BAC 1-11 at Cranebank.

I know that this subject has been done to death, but you do learn a lot about jet handling using a proper simulator.

Yes I do have a vested interest as I teach MCC on the L1011, but I can honestly say that it is well worth anybody spending a couple of hundred more to get that experience in a 'proper' sim.

As far as it being easy, ask someone who has jumped into a jet for the first time, they would be lucky to keep it right side up, but it only takes a few hours to get the hang of it.

The reason that a type rating takes so long (40 hours) is to cover all of the system failures. You have very little time to explore the handling qualities.