PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Army Warrants
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 17:25
SASless

Received 520 Likes on 217 Posts
WO-1,

First off to my British friends....W1's are commissioned officers in the United States Army. They are not enlisted men....they are not Sargeants or Corporals or in any way an NCO. They are officers.

If your military discipline and standards of conduct allow you to ignore rank of other military forces of the world....I would be a bit surprised to know that.

It is fine to banter and when done in good cheer....it is enjoyable.

As to understanding rank structure.....I would suggest the RAF has some explaining to do as well....and if anyone can understand the epaulet devices connoting rank as worn by the RAF...then he is a far better man than me....I merely assume the more rings, stripes, and braid one of the Crabs has on .....means more senior rank extant.

Saluting officers....only when we recognize them as being superior...however we pride ourselves (US Army Warrant Officers) as being soldiers....and thus saluting a superior officer (even if only by way of rank) is something we do out of tradition and military courtesy. Thus we will salute the British officers we run across....and can identify as officers.

To my WO-1 poster....no one is that stupid....even as a WO Jug....but it sure pulled some fish out of the depths! Which proves WO-1's are never as naive as they appear to be....remember...they used to be very senior enlisted men and as such bear watching....closely and constantly.