PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Happenings (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 14:15
MancRy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adola,
I understand some of the points you make but the who situation must be put into context.....

1) Airport managers around the world are having to deal with the constant erosion of aeronautical income streams. As a result every airport must maximise non aeronautical revenue through shops (rent) etc and if this means making terminals into shopping malls then so be it because in essence thats all they are.
2) You made a reference (indirectly albeit) to check in desks being situated in the station..... if people are informed of exactly where they should check in (as a travel agent i always did this) then checking in at the station is minimal fuss. (just get dropped off at the station)
3) Extra check in desks at terminal 2 will no doubt leave many out of use during the winter. However, many are left empty during the summer afternoons anyway and in winter, T2 is still very busy during the morning. I dare say they are actually doing this to encourage carriers (that many on this forum so desperately want to see) to operate from MAN
4) BD are not benfitting from T5.