PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320/b737
Thread: A320/b737
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 09:39
Gufo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peccato, me lo sono perso.

Geeny:

The Bus surely wasn't meant to be "intelligent", supposed you're ready to acknowledge how "intelligence" is actually implemented in algorythms. No matter how many computers you link together or how complex the software is, every bit of computing on the Bus, as well as any personal computer, is known to be "deterministic". Same input, same data, same output. No way this software could be intended to re-write its own source code and develop different answers to the same input.
I'm pretty sure Airbus guys didn't want that baby to act anything different than she was told, it's clearly enough meant to be this way; it's odd to me that anyone would believe otherwise for one bare second..
All the "traps" you're talking about usually come from thinking the machine will act under its own decisions. That is NOT. It's clearly impossible. Nobody has EVER -as far as I know- tried to prove an A320 could positively DECIDE by itself.
It will do what YOU tell the system. People who fail to understand always put the blame on the "computers with wings". Wrong. It's them to be blamed, 'cause they didn't get the picture.

I'm kind of skeptical an experienced pilot would state that a plane pretends to be a form of artificial intelligence... Sounds more like some newspaper spewing about "smart bombs"..

And anyway, I suppose you're aware that IFR on ANY type will be issued for THAT type only. That would stand as very useful info for a TRE.

Regards.

Last edited by Gufo; 11th Sep 2005 at 10:10.