PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Happenings (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 08:58
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Now look guys, don't give MA management a hard time! They can't help it making ****e decision after ****e decision, as they don't seem to any cohesive brain function between them at all.
It's always " Lets do it on the cheapest possible basis, and not consider passenger needs for smooth uncomplicated check-in and security searches, but we'll spend lots making sure we can relieve them of their cash at the retail outlets".
I think they should also consider the following:-
Have multiple retail outlets on the Mezzanine level, so you could shop whilst you queue for security. The queing system could actually be made to go from shop to shop, and then you'd have no heavy bags to carry up the stairs to get to security in the first place.
See how many empty cargo units there are in the freight village and put some check-in desks in them. Pax will only have a short walk down the road to the terminal of their choice.

During the hours the MSF hut isn't being used, ie during darkness ( long winter nights are approaching), add more check-in desks.
Have variable terminal check-in with large matrix signs on all approach roads directing pax to the terminal with the most spare check-in at the time and then let them walk to their the gate regardless of terminal.

However before I get too carried away, these ideas are probably already being considered by MA mismanagement. Long may it continue though, as Peel holdings and others would have nothing to laugh about if they were to stop. No wonder airlines like BMi would sooner run out of LHR etc, when you see the no-spared expense of T5! Remember there are no more runway slots at Heathrow, just better facilities being built for the Pax and the airlines, and that makes me